Thursday, June 20, 2013

Extra Shift Sign Up Guidelines

Hello, everyone--

I know there has been some confusion about signing up for extra slots, and I'd like to help explain.

Before I start, I'd like to say that none of this is because of anything bad that you all have done. You're awesome volunteers, and I think it's great that you want to be here at the library all the time. But we need to give you breaks!

I had a nice long talk with Ms North, and we have come up with these two guidelines for signing up for extra slots:

1. All volunteers are limited to volunteering for two things per day. You can volunteer for two shifts at the desk, or one program and one volunteer shift at the desk, but no more than two volunteer "things" per day. We'd really like everyone to have a good chance at signing up, and we don't want you to be living at the library. It's not as glamorous as it sounds.

2. No volunteer can do two consecutive shifts. That means if you're signed up for 3-5 one day, you can't also sign up for 5-7. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but we don't want you to be sitting there for four hours without a break. That's how insanity starts, guys.

This is our first year using Sign Up Genius, so we're still working out how to best use it. That said, in the past when people emailed back and forth, it could get complicated really quickly. We're hoping Sign Up Genius can help to remove a lot of the "who emailed us first" confusion, and help you all sign up for shifts more quickly.

I hope this helps to clear things up. Please, please email me or call me if you have any questions. I am happy to talk to you about this.

And guys? 




-Miss Deby

No comments:

Post a Comment